A few years ago, I was working full time, sick and stressed because I had so much going on in life with my mom being sick, my son being bullied at school, and I couldn’t be there for the people I loved most, let alone have any fun or time for myself. I loved teaching but I was burned out from the stress of making ends meet and not having the freedom to spend my time how I wanted. If you can relate, you came to the right place because I’m sharing my action plan with you to transition from a full time job to stay-at-home do-what-you-love life.
- Honestly evaluate your current income and financial situation. What are you currently bringing in? Is it enough to cover your bills? Do you have an emergency fund to get you through an unexpected rough patch for a few months? Determine what dollar amount you need to replace.
- Make a budget if you don’t have one already and start sticking to it. After necessary bills are paid, start paying down credit card debt and look at what extra expenses can be cut (but leave a little room for fun).
- Determine what your home-based business is going to be? What are you passionate about? I’m passionate about teaching moms of teens and tweens to learn to take care of themselves and supporting them with life balance and parenting. (Join us here!) You've got to figure out what's important to you, and if you care about it deeply, it will keep motivating you.
- Next, start bringing in money before you leave your job. So you've got your passion, your purpose, you've got your budget, now how can you actually start making money in your business? Do you make crafts you can start selling on Etsy? Do you have a passion for writing and you can start writing books or making journals? Can you teach? What are you an expert at? Can you create a course or can you get into network marketing? Start researching those opportunities.
- And the last one is don't be afraid to ask for help and to find a mentor. I was so lucky to find my mentor two and a half years ago. I grabbed her Home-Based Revolution and if you want to work from home on your own terms I cannot recommend it enough. It's $1497 only for a few more days and the doors are gonna close on May 8, and it will go up to $5k whenever it reopens. Grab it here!
Start doing something that you love and be available for your family so you can find balance and purpose and happiness and health. And if that's what's going to make you happy, what's holding you back, right? I did it and you can, too. Let’s go already!
Sheri is a mom, wife, coach, author, speaker, and educator. She helps women in midlife to gain energy, be healthy, and to find JOY again. She lives near Cinderella's castle in Winter Garden. Florida with her family.
From time to time, Sheri may share affiliate links on her blog and website, and may earn a small percentage on your purchase-this will not cost you anything extra, and she appreciates your support!
Please join her free community for midlife women here.